View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:08 pm

Compiling xplico-1.0.1 from source - minor issues 

Post Compiling xplico-1.0.1 from source - minor issues
Hi all,

I recently discover xplico and I would like to express my gratitude to all developers for
maintaining such an excellent open-source project!!

Going back to my post, I found some minor issues in compililing xplico-1.0.1 from source,
in what follows I report the issues together with workarounds:

ISSUE 1
when I type "make" to compile xplico the process fails because it cannot find the variable
NDPI_PROTOCOL_LONG_STRING.
Apparently, this variable is defined in xt_ndpi.h located in nDPI/ndpi-netfilter but not included
in the xplico compilation process.
As a workaround I included into nDPI/src/include/ndpi_api.h what follows:
Code:
#ifndef NDPI_PROTOCOL_LONG_STRING
#define NDPI_PROTOCOL_LONG_STRING "Unknown","FTP","POP","SMTP","IMAP","DNS","IPP","HTTP","MDNS","NTP","NETBIOS",\
"NFS","SSDP","BGP","SNMP","XDMCP","SMB","SYSLOG","DHCP","PostgreSQL","MySQL",\
"TDS","DirectDownloadLink","I23V5","AppleJuice","DirectConnect","Socrates","WinMX","MANOLITO","PANDO","Filetopia",\
"iMESH","Kontiki","OpenFT","Kazaa","Gnutella","eDonkey","Bittorrent","OFF","AVI","Flash",\
"OGG","MPEG","QuickTime","RealMedia","Windowsmedia","MMS","XBOX","QQ","MOVE","RTSP",\
"Feidian","Icecast","PPLive","PPStream","Zattoo","SHOUTCast","SopCast","TVAnts","TVUplayer","VeohTV",\
"QQLive","Thunder","Soulseek","GaduGadu","IRC","Popo","Jabber","MSN","Oscar","Yahoo",\
"Battlefield","Quake","Second_Life","Steam","Halflife2","World_of_Warcraft","Telnet","STUN","IPSEC","GRE",\
"ICMP","IGMP","EGP","SCTP","OSPF","IP_in_IP","RTP","RDP","VNC","PCAnywhere",\
"SSL","SSH","USENET","MGCP","IAX","TFTP","AFP","StealthNet","Aimini","SIP",\
"Truphone","ICMPv6","DHCPv6","Armagetron","CrossFire","Dofus","Fiesta","Florensia","Guildwars","HTTP_Application_Activesync",\
"Kerberos","LDAP","MapleStory","msSQL","PPTP","WARCRAFT3","World_of_Kung_Fu","MEEBO","FaceBook","Twitter",\
"DropBox","Gmail","Google_Maps","YouTube","Skype","Google","DCE_RPC","NetFlow_IPFIX","sFlow","HTTP_Connect_SSL_over_HTTP",\
"HTTP_Proxy","Citrix","Netflix","LastFM","Grooveshark","SkyFile_Prepaid","SkyFile_Rudics","SkyFile_Postpaid","CitrixOnline","Apple_iMessage_FaceTime",\
"Webex","WhatsApp","Apple_iCloud","Viber","Apple_iTunes","Radius","Windows_Update","TeamViewer","Tuenti","Lotus_Notes",\
"SAP","GTP","uPnP","LLMNR","Remote_Scan"
#endif

ISSUE 2
the workaround reported in ISSUE 1 is not sufficient to compile xplico-1.0.1.
In fact the make outputs the following error

Code:
tcp_garbage.c:645:5: warning: passing argument 3 of ‘ndpi_init_detection_module’ from incompatible pointer type [enabled by default]

The problem can be solved by adding a fourth argument set to NULL to ndpi_init_detection_module in tcp_garbage.c, such that:
Code:
ndpi = ndpi_init_detection_module(NDPI_TICK_RES, nDPImalloc, nDPIPrintf);

BECOMES
Code:
ndpi = ndpi_init_detection_module(NDPI_TICK_RES, nDPImalloc, nDPIPrintf, NULL);

(the prototype of ndpi_init_detection_module is in nDPI/src/include/ndpi_public_functions.h)

NOTE: the same workaround should be applied to call to ndpi_init_detection_module into udp_garbage.c

ISSUE 3
when compiling videosnarf (I used version 0.63) with ./configure make I got the following error

Code:
g++  -g -O2   -o videosnarf -lpcap main.o stream.o videosnarf.o h264rtp.o g722_decode.o
videosnarf.o: In function `mediasnarfStart':
/root/xbuild/videosnarf-0.63/src/videosnarf.c:75: undefined reference to `pcap_open_offline'
/root/xbuild/videosnarf-0.63/src/videosnarf.c:103: undefined reference to `pcap_compile'
/root/xbuild/videosnarf-0.63/src/videosnarf.c:107: undefined reference to `pcap_setfilter'
/root/xbuild/videosnarf-0.63/src/videosnarf.c:113: undefined reference to `pcap_datalink'
/root/xbuild/videosnarf-0.63/src/videosnarf.c:117: undefined reference to `pcap_datalink'
/root/xbuild/videosnarf-0.63/src/videosnarf.c:123: undefined reference to `pcap_loop'
/root/xbuild/videosnarf-0.63/src/videosnarf.c:115: undefined reference to `pcap_loop'
/root/xbuild/videosnarf-0.63/src/videosnarf.c:119: undefined reference to `pcap_loop'
/root/xbuild/videosnarf-0.63/src/videosnarf.c:80: undefined reference to `pcap_open_live'
/root/xbuild/videosnarf-0.63/src/videosnarf.c:108: undefined reference to `pcap_geterr'
/root/xbuild/videosnarf-0.63/src/videosnarf.c:104: undefined reference to `pcap_geterr

the problem can be solved by typing what follows into videosnarf-0.64/src/ (notice the -lpcap at the end of the string)
Code:
g++  -g -O2   -o videosnarf main.o stream.o videosnarf.o h264rtp.o g722_decode.o -lpcap

Alle the above issues are minor but i hope this helps non professionals to compile xplico from source.

Thanks again for this great tool!!

Best regards,
Valerio

Sun May 26, 2013 10:23 am